Using the Interactive Color Wheel
Basically, just click stuff. See what happens!|
You might even learn things you didn't know you didn't know.
The Mouse lets you click your color or intensity.
Please do not be overwhelmed. Just play!
- Try single-clicking anywhere on the color wheel or color wedge.
- Double-click center of color wheel to enter "lumaOnly" mode.
- Double-click elsewhere on color wheel to exit "lumaOnly" mode.
- Single-click on the saturation "snake" to toggle it between color and grey.
- Single-click on [luma] text to rotate mode: luma->Luminance->average.
- Single-click on comp. block in upper right to switch to complementary color.
- Single-click on the Last Color block to toggle back to the previous color.
- Single-click on the Exact Color block to set the exact named color.
(Note: SIH is a quantized color space; "exact" is usually "pretty darn close.")
Buttons ond Other Widgets (most offering tool tips if you hover over them)
Explore. Have fun.
- The Intensity Controls modify color wheel intensity.
- The Rings Controls
- - and + modify size of color wheel
- Rings toggles presence of delineating saturation rings
- The CBMR Buttons toggle hue augmentation.
- C sets 10 or 12 shades of
- B sets 10 or 12 shades of
- M sets 10 or 12 shades of
- R sets 10 or 12 shades of
- Yellow and
Green cannot be augmented.
- -G, however, reduces the seemingly indiscernable greens, allowing for more yellows and cyans.
- The Hex Color text field lets you specify an exact 6- or 3-digit hex color
- Spot, the Magic Color Dog slider allows Spot to follow the color list on his own
- Click a color name from the list to select it.
- Sort the color name list by name, hue, hex, or a variety of others.
- Choose from several Color Lists via the menu.